Developing Countries Bursary
As an international organization – the ILF promotes participation in projects and conferences from Developing Countries. To that end, the ILF has a fund to support delegates from developing countries to travel to and participate in ILF conferences. The intent is to assist with the costs associated with travelling to and attending an ILF conference and have the recipient or their sponsoring organization cover the balance.
What we will fund
• Full registration fee (main registration early bird fee, excludes any pre or post conference optional sessions)
• A bursary of $500.00USD towards the cost of air travel and $100 USD for conference dinner.
Not funded (the responsibility of the recipient and/or their sponsoring organization)
• The remainder balance of the airfare and transportation costs
• Accommodation costs
• Extra meals and other incidental costs not covered under the registration fee
• Funding available to those from a country listed by the World Bank as a Developing Country.
• Heath care professional currently working with people with lymphoedema (doctor, nurse, therapist)
• Recipient is required to submit an abstract for either a poster or oral presentation; sharing information on the current state of lymphoedema care in their country, what is being done to change the current status and what they would like to achieve. This will help to stimulate international collaboration and give a sense of ILF spirit.
Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received (on a first-come, first served basis).
ILF reserves the right to limit the number of recipients should multiple applications be received.
The bursary is paid in US dollars at the end of the conference, after verification that the recipient has attended the 3-day event.